Specialist Subject Library and Digital Resource Manager - Christian Mission Studies Salary: £31- 35K FTE, Part-Time
The Oxford Centre for Mission Studies (OCMS) is looking for an enthusiastic qualified Librarian to lead the management and development of its library and digital resources. We would consider someone who has recently qualified as well as those who have more experience.
OCMS is a Christian Charity serving the Global Church to realise God’s transforming mission through research and applied scholarship. In order to do this, we have access to significant library resources both on our own premises, through Middlesex University and throughout the Oxford University libraries in order to serve our 100+ PhD students, research scholars (pre-and post-doctoral), research associates and staff.
The main objectives of the role are :
- Develop a 5-year strategy for the library and digital resources and lead the implementation
- Develop and enhance the external relationships with other partner libraries
- Respond effectively to the research needs of all library users, including Bodleian readers, distance learners, and independent researchers.
- Provide a physical accessible presence in the library for all users
- Be, or become, the subject specialist for Mission Studies
Manage and develop the Senior Library Assistant
In return, we offer a generous annual leave, a pension scheme, and a commitment to your continuing personal and career development in an environment that encourages creativity, diversity and excellence. We seek to be an inclusive community, have a regular community lunch and make time weekly where we gather for prayer and worship.
If you have the skills required and are sympathetic to our Christian Mission and Vision then we would like to hear from you.
To apply please visit www.ocms.ac.uk/jobs.
Salary: £31- 35K (full-time equivalent) depending on experience
Hours: Part-time role of 22.5 hours per week (negotiable)
Closing date: 31st December 2022
If you would like to apply for this role please complete the application form and email it, together with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org.