What is the GRP?
The Guided Research Programme (GRP) is a flexible, research-based programme providing a great opportunity for you to reflect, explore, investigate and produce a significant and meaningful research output, at your own speed and under the guidance of a personal tutor. It aims to strengthen the mission praxis of the global church.
Is the GRP for you?
- Do you have a burning mission issue you wish to research with expert support?
- Are you seeking to create cutting edge ministry or mission resources?
- Would you benefit from synthesizing your experience and knowledge?
- Are you looking to reflect on a ministry or mission experience?
- Is there an opportunity for you to contribute to the development of your mission movement or church through relevant and rigorous research?
- Do you have between 3 months (full time) and 3 years (part time) to study?
Added value in doing a GRP with OCMS?
- Oxford’s world class resources and the Bodleian Library
- OCMS Programme for Research Induction (OPRI), introduction to research methods, resources, academic writing, research presentation, etc.
- OCMS faculty for professional academic guidance and challenge
- Personal Tutor providing a sounding board for thinking and research
- Participation in a global community of scholars and mission practitioners
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in any discipline
- Proficiency in English language
- Minimum of 5 years’ work and ministry experience
Costs and Fees
|GRP Fee||£200 per month|
|Oxford Residency Fees||£50 per week (paid for weeks in residence)|
|Costs of travel to, and residence, Oxford||estimates can be provided|
Generous Scholarships are available in case of need