Specialist Subject Library and Digital Resource Manager - Christian Mission Studies Salary: £31- 35K, Part-Time or Full-Time considered
The Oxford Centre for Mission Studies (OCMS) is looking for an enthusiastic qualified Librarian to lead the management and development of it’s library and digital resources.
OCMS is a Christian Charity serving the Global Church to realise God’s transforming mission through research and applied scholarship. In order to do this, we have access to significant library resources both on our own premises, through Middlesex University and throughout the Oxford University libraries in order to serve our 100+ PhD students, research scholars (pre-and post-doctoral), research associates and staff.
The main objectives of the role are :
- Develop a 5-year strategy for the library and digital resources and lead the implementation
- Develop and enhance the external relationships with other partner libraries
- Respond effectively to the research needs of all library users, including Bodleian readers, distance learners, and independent researchers.
- Provide a physical accessible presence in the library for all users
- Be, or become, the subject specialist for Mission Studies
In return, we offer a generous annual leave, a pension scheme, and a commitment to your continuing personal and career development in an environment that encourages creativity, diversity and excellence. We seek to be an inclusive community, have a regular community lunch and make time where we gather for prayer and worship.
Part of being on the staff team is a commitment to contribute to the spiritual community of OCMS and therefore it is an occupational requirement that you are a Christian so you can participate in our regular times of prayer and worship.
In order to fill this role with the best person, we would welcome applicants based on a full-time or part-time basis. Some remote working would be considered.
If you would like to apply for this role please complete the application form and email it, together with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is 16th Sept 2022.