In order to be accepted to OCMS, prospective students must meet the following admissions criteria:
- Academic qualifications. The normal minimum entrance requirement for applicants is an upper second class honours degree or a Masters’ degree relevant to the proposed research project awarded by a UK or other recognized University or higher education institution, or by the Council for National Academic Awards (CNAA).
- 3 Professional or Academic references
- Proof of linguistic proficiency. Applicants must be sufficiently proficient in English to complete the programme of study. Candidates whose first language is not English should provide evidence by a minimum IELTS score (or equivalent eg TOEFL) in academic English of 6.5 at entry with a minimum of 6.5 in the reading and written components.
- Proof of funding of full academic fees. As Academic Fees are payable in advance before enrolment, we advise students to look for independent funding from local churches, agencies and organisations before submitting an application form. We are unable to offer full enrolment until evidence of proof of finances has been provided.
- Area of Interest. A short academic essay about your proposed research interest or question, which must have the potential to develop into a topic suitable for MPhil / Ph.D study. (500-1000 words)
Due to OCMS regulations we can offer only part-time enrolment into the OCMS Stage. Upon successful MPhil/Ph.D enrolment with the University, an enrolled student is able to change to full-time mode of study if required.