- About OCMS
- Research at OCMS
- Lectures and Seminars
- Alumni and Community Association
- External Supervisors
- Recent Awards
Prayer is at the heart of the OCMS community, and people meet regularly to pray for each other and their studies, for families and ministries back 'home', for global issues as they affect the work of the church and for those known to the OCMS family.
On Wednesdays, at our weekly Chapel, prayers that have been sent to us from around the world are shared, and those attending the time of worship are also free to put forward prayer requests of their own. The community then breaks into a time of prayer. Over and over we are able to see answers to prayers, and these are shared and celebrated too.
To ask for prayer, members of the OCMS community in its widest sense, may send requests to Ky Prevette who leads our prayer ministry, using the email (email@example.com).
You too might like to join us in praying! There are three ways we can help you to pray for the ministry of OCMS:
1. Weekly, we update the prayer requests here on our website, which are detailed below. These can be downloaded as a pdf document, which can be found, along with past weeks' prayers, by clicking on the appropriate file at the bottom of this page.
2. We can send the weekly prayer letter to you directly by email, to save you from having to remember to look into the website. To have the weekly prayers sent to you as a prayer email, please send a request to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. To receive wider strategic and ministry news about OCMS for informed prayer, we can send you our regular Prayer Newsletter either on paper or electronically. Please email Deborah using the address above, or call +44 1865 556071 with your request.
Please note: all subscriptions to any of our services may be terminated at any time with an email or a call requesting immediate cessation.
Prayer for the week of April 6th 2011
- Please pray for a special friend of OCMS - Tom Houston who is spending time time in Kenya visiting and preaching at church he and his wife were involved in from 1959. From a congregation of 40 at that time, now over 3,000 worship there every Sunday! He states that "politics are lively" so he must be careful what he says. Pray for his physical strength and that he will "be wise as well as true".
- Cameroon: currently in a time of confusion, anger, killing and destruction, but "the Word of God came anyway". The dedication of the NT book of Luke is hoped to bring rebuilding and replanting to the people of this nation.
- North Africa, Middle East, Egypt all have our prayers and concern at the threat of Islam groups fighting against one another. Moderate versus fundamentalist tensions could ignite full civil war.
- Particular prayers are being offered for the situation in Cote d'Ivoire where extreme violence, fear and destruction is being experienced. We are praying for the role of the church in this situation, but also for the peace of God to descend on this country, bringing peace and reconciliation and new hope out of the current situation.
- In Japan, many newcomers, including a Buddhist monk, are attending Nori's (our Japaneses scholar in the current RIS) home church. Ongoing fears and difficulties resulting from the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disaster cause many to seek answers and comfort in faith.
- Please continue to keep another special friend of OCMS in prayer - Mee Yan Judge - as she recovers from her kidney transplant.
Thank you so much for your prayers.
May the Lord bless you, as you bless us.
|110126 OCMS Prayers.pdf||403.69 KB|
|110406 Prayers.pdf||21.91 KB|
|110105 OCMS Prayers.pdf||73.26 KB|
|101231 OCMS Prayers.pdf||72.93 KB|
|101224 OCMS Prayers.pdf||73.25 KB|
|101223 OCMS Prayers.pdf||72.34 KB|
|101220 OCMS Prayers.pdf||72.14 KB|
|101217 OCMS Prayers.pdf||69.46 KB|
|101216 OCMS Prayers.pdf||69.92 KB|
|101215 OCMS Prayers.pdf||70.7 KB|
|101213 OCMS Prayers.pdf||158.11 KB|
|101212 OCMS Prayers.pdf||36.86 KB|
|101211 (2) OCMS Prayers.pdf||35.19 KB|
|101211 OCMS Prayers.pdf||30.14 KB|
|101210 (2) OCMS Prayers.pdf||30.46 KB|
|101210 OCMS Prayers.pdf||30.45 KB|